Account Job Responsibilities
An accountant’s job is the most difficult yet the most prestigious one as the financial information and records of the company remains in his hands. He has to remain accountable to the company heads for any kind of fault in calculations or tampering with account statements. He has to work tremendously hard to get the records straight in case of any minor flaw or otherwise. From initiating all financial deals to terminating deals, he has to take the entire load which he is expected to accomplish without screwing up the contract terms.
The job of an accountant thus, does not end in the strict hourly timeframe. He may be summoned for explanations at any time of the day if the company feels threatened. Employers look for integrity in accountants after scrutinising his academic credits which comprises of a BA degree or an MA degree in accountancy.
Thus account job responsibilities manifold based on the various levels of posts available:
- Calculating the amount of profits and losses incurred throughout the year.
- Estimating and reviewing budgets, payrolls and expenditures.
- Settling accounting incongruities.
- Keeping compiled databases ready for research surveys.
- Dealing with banks and agencies for audits.
- Scrutinising financial data and making probes.
Category: Account Job Responsibilities