Architect Drafter Job Responsibilities
Architecture Drafter job responsibilities include preparing sketches of different buildings and other edifices. It is essential for them to understand the architectural aspects of these buildings in order to draft these designs. It is essential to undergo a formal training program specializing in drafting architectural sketches.
These training programs teach various skills including computer graphics, architectural design, etc. Having some prior experience working in the Architecture field helps in getting a good job opportunity, however, many companies also hire fresher and provide them the required training.
Architecture Drafter Job Responsibilities
- Architecture Drafter needs to prepare sketches of different buildings and other structures.
- Architecture Drafter needs to draft architecture sketches for offices, residences, shopping malls, schools, hotels and various other edifices.
- Architecture Drafter is expected to keep in mind the architectural aspects of the buildings.
- Architecture Drafter needs to meet the client and understand their requirement related to the building structure.
- Architecture Drafter is required to prepare plans for working on different construction projects.
- Architecture Drafter needs to take measurements to get an idea of the available space and plan the building structure accordingly.
- Architecture Drafter is required to work in close association with the engineers in order to discuss the technicalities of the project.
- Architecture Drafter is required to work on computer aided design and drafting system which is popularly known as CADD.
- Architecture Drafter is required to conduct extensive research to collate ideas for preparing different structural designs.
- Architecture Drafter may also be required to get in touch with other professionals for taking their inputs for drafting the structural designs.
- Architecture Drafter needs to prepare notes based on the information collected from different sources and share the same with the clients or their seniors before working on the final draft.
- Architecture Drafter is required to keep in mind the budget defined by the client at the time of drafting the architecture design.
Category: Construction Job Responsibilities