Bakery Assistant Job Responsibilities
While a baker handles duties such as baking pastries, cakes, patties etc., a bakery assistant is responsible for more upfront tasks and duties. A bakery assistant doesn’t only work for bakeries but also the bakery departments of hotels and restaurants etc.
A bakery assistant is required to handle a wide range of duties depending upon the exact profile of work he/she is hired for. Some tasks which a bakery assistant has to perform include taking orders, selling goods and maintaining records etc. The following are some of the main bakery assistant job responsibilities.
Bakery assistant job responsibilities:
- A bakery assistant is responsible for noting orders, suggesting items to customers and selling those items to the customers.
- Another job responsibility of a bakery assistant is to answer to the concerns of the customers and ordering important goods, materials and raw items for the bakery.
- A bakery assistant is also responsible for weighing bakery products and properly packaging the items.
- If the customer has asked for home delivery, then it is the job responsibility of a bakery assistant to deliver the ordered baking goods to the address of the customers.
- It is the job responsibility of a bakery assistant to maintain sales records and maintain customer records etc. as well.
- To look after the day to day duties and operations of the bakery is yet another responsibility of a bakery assistant.
- He/she must make sure that the bakery is neat and clean at all times and that its operations are smoothly run.
- It is the responsibility of a bakery assistant to make baked and unbaked inventories and keep track of the expiry dates of the various items and raw materials.
- Another job responsibility of a bakery assistant is to maintain customer relationships and attracting more customers and clients with the proper marketing techniques.
Category: Job Responsibilities