Bus Driver Job Responsibilities
A person who is appointed to drive a particular bus is known as a bus driver. Any person with a bus driving license of the state and with expertise in driving a bus can apply for the position of a bus driver and get appointed followed by a simple driving test or a written test. Bus drivers must be able to ensure the safety of the passengers and must be committed to their jobs. The following are a few of the major job responsibilities of a bus driver.
Bus Driver Job Responsibilities:
- A bus driver is responsible for transporting the passengers from the origin place to the destination without any hindrances.
- A bus driver is responsible for the safety of the bus and its passengers which can be ensured if the bus driver drives the bus by following the rules and traffic regulations.
- A bus driver is responsible for repairing the bus and maintaining it on a regular basis.
- A bus driver is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the bus.
- The bus driver is responsible for informing the regular passengers of the bus in the case when the bus service will not take place or will get delayed.
- Any bus driver is also responsible for keeping a log of the activities of the other bus staff members such as the conductor etc.
- The bus driver is responsible for collecting the correct fare from the passengers.
- The bus driver is responsible for ensuring that the bus contains a first aid kit for the needs of the passengers.
Category: Transportation Job Responsibilities