Carpet Installer Job Responsibilities
A carpet installer is a professional who is responsible for laying, installing and trimming the carpet as per the surface area of the floor to be covered by the carpet. These professionals are also responsible for installing padding and for trimming the flooring materials. These professionals are closely linked with interior decoration industry.
Carpet Installer Job Responsibilities:
- Carpet installer job responsibilities include cutting and trimming the carpet so that it fits perfectly on the floor surface and edges are perfectly trimmed along with the walls.
- These candidates are also responsible for cutting and installing carpet padding.
- Carpet installer job responsibilities also include inspecting the floor surface where carpet has to be installed. These professionals inspect the area for any rough or broken patch and all the imperfections can be corrected before installing the carpet for a smooth finish.
- These professionals are also responsible for planning the carpet design and layout according the floor surface, area and design specifications.
- Carpet installer job responsibilities also include removal of old carpet and floor coverings in order to install the new one.
- Carpet installer job responsibilities also include joining the cut edges of carpets with appropriate sewing method or adhesives, to make it look neat and clean.
- These candidates are also responsible for studying the layout of building and other interior design trends followed, to choose the carpet color, design and its borders accordingly.
- These professionals are also responsible for measuring, cutting and installing carpet tackles strips along the walls of the room where carpet is installed.
Category: Construction Job Responsibilities