MRI Technician Job Responsibilities
MRI technicians are those individuals who are responsible for operating the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners. These machines makes use of powerful magnetic fields and radioactive frequencies in order to create 3D metaphors of the body tissues of the patients, which doctors then use as support for the diagnosis of the problem. The candidate who wishes to work in this position must have a diploma or a certificate in the field.
MRI Technician Job Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the MRI technician to ensure that the patients, staff and visitors who come in the premises of the MRI machine with power magnetic radiations are safe.
- It is their job to give instructions, explain MRI procedures, answer the queries of the patients and provide them emotional and psychological support.
- It is their duty to arrange the position of the patients and coil on the board that slide inside the scanner.
- It is their responsibility to adjust the inject contrast media as per the requirement.
- It is their job content to set the apposite the technical parameters and control and operate MRI machines and related devices and monitor the image statistics on computer screen during the scan process.
- It is their responsibility to instruct and watch the patients in the process of the scan that may take up to 90 minutes to complete.
- It is their duty to be alert and identify and take action to the life threatening conditions.
- They are responsible to maintain the records and assemble the research data.
- It is their prime duty to assist the other medical professionals in their work.
- They are responsible for routine maintenance of the scanners and other related devices and equipments.
- It is their duty to ensure that all the safety procedures and guidelines are being followed.
- They are responsible for educating the new staff and student trainees.
- It is their job responsibility to assist patients and doctors in their course of work.
- Magnetic resonance technologists also work closely with other health professionals and administrative support personnel.
Category: Technician Job Responsibilities