Radio Operator Job Responsibilities
A radio operator is a person who is hired by a radio station, either private or government owned to receive and transmit radio information or communications using the radiotelegraph technology or equipment as per the set governmental standards. This job position can only be acquired by a professional who has experience as well as knowledge of this field of work. A radio operator has to perform many responsibilities. The following is a list of the job responsibilities of a radio operator.
Radio Operator Job Responsibilities:
- A radio operator is responsible for communicating with the receiving operators so as to get information or instructions on the transmissions which need to be forwarded.
- A radio operator is responsible for determining and obtaining bearings of sources from which the signals are originating.
- A radio operator is also responsible for maintaining notes or logs of information and messages which are being transmitted.
- A radio operator is also responsible to broadcast whether reports or warnings at times when required.
- A radio operator is also responsible for examining and operating new equipments before their installation and must conduct routine tests to ensure their proper working.
- A radio operator is responsible for sending receiving and uncoding messages and even interpreting uncoded messages.
- A radio operator is also required to set up antennas, repair broken equipments and set up mobile connections during military field exercises.
- A radio operator adjusts and operates sound recording equipment in order to record signals and preserve broadcasts for analytical purposes.
Category: Telecom Job Responsibilities