Sales Assistant Job Responsibilities
A sales assistant is an individual or an employee of a retail store who works in the sales department to handle a host of duties and responsibilities. A sales assistant can be found working in a number of retails locations ranging from small stores to large scaled outlets. The job responsibilities of a sales assistant may vary from one background to another but broadly, the tasks remain the same. The following are a few of the major job responsibilities of a sales assistant which can be referred to for understanding this in a better context.
Sales assistant job responsibilities:
- A sales assistant is that employee of a retail store who is responsible for ensuring the fact that the sales strategies of the store are properly implemented and followed on daily basis.
- A sales assistant may be responsible for the supervision of the store and for directing the salespersons on sales tactics.
- He/she is responsible for describing the product to the customers and seeing to the fact that every customer is properly informed about the product’s weaknesses and strengths.
- A sales assistant is also responsible for training the salesmen about the products and goods sold in the store.
- It is the job responsibility of a sales assistant to process cash and credit payments and look after the customer refunds and exchanges.
- Any sales assistant must be able to work with barcode machines, credit card machines etc and should be able to receive payment and make bills.
- It is the job responsibility of a sales assistant to promote and advertise the products sold by the store and do his/her best to sell the products to the maximum number of customers.
- A sales assistant is also responsible for handling the customer complaints and conveying them to the management.
Category: Sales Job Responsibilities