Sound Technician Job Responsibilities
A sound technician is a person who is hired by sound and music studios, theatres and other kinds of audio related work settings to assemble operate and maintain the technical equipments which are used for recordings, enhancing or mixings sounds and audio pieces. A sound technician doesnt need to have any specific educational requirements but must be experienced and skilled at the technicalities of sound or audio. Given below is a list of the major job responsibilities which come in the share of the work load of a sound technician.
Sound Technician Job Responsibilities:
- A sound technician is responsible for mixing and reproducing sound and music and also amplifying, operating and enhancing sound.
- A sound technician is also responsible for identifying the sound requirements for a given situation and thus performing the necessary actions to produce the particular sound.
- A sound technician is also responsible for the ‘production’ of music which involves the recording of all sound on set or on the given location.
- A sound technician is responsible for the ‘post production’ which involves the balancing, mixing and editing and pre recorded audio.
- A sound technician is required to select, position and adjust the equipments which are used for amplification and recording.
- One of the job responsibilities of a sound technician is to anticipate and correct any problems or glitches which occur during sound recording.
- A sound technician is also responsible for applying technical knowledge of sound recording equipments to reach the desired objectives.
Category: Technician Job Responsibilities