Tax Preparer Job Responsibilities
A tax preparer is a person who prepares tax returns for either individuals or small business firms. The tax preparers are generally the public accountant who is certified. The tax preparers are certified by the IRS. The tax preparer may give different suggestions based on the requirement of the clients. The job of a tax preparer is very much at the peak during the month of February and March.
Tax Preparer Job Responsibilities:
- The tax preparers are responsible to compute tax that the client may owe or might have overpaid.
- The tax preparer needs to research and fill out the forms that a client might need to file a successful tax return.
- The tax preparer is responsible to use required adjustments or credits and ensure that the tax to be paid by the client is reduced.
- The tax preparer is responsible to pose appropriate questions to the client to gather as much information that is required to file the client’s tax returns.
- The tax preparer needs to educate the clients with information that is required for the client to complete the tax form accurately.
- The tax preparers need to read and understand the tax laws that are current and file tax returns accordingly.
- The tax preparer is responsible to review all the forms prior to submission. The tax preparer needs to ensure accuracy of totals and deductions.
- The tax preparer needs to maintain records of all transactions and tax filings of the clients.
- The tax preparer is also responsible for the settling of disputes and resolving conflicts pertaining to the client’s tax returns.
- The tax preparer is responsible for calculating the form preparation fee depending on the complexity of the filing.
- The tax preparers are also responsible to educate customers on future tax saving ideas.
Category: Account Job Responsibilities