Taxi Driver Job Responsibilities
A taxi driver is a person whose work is to drive a taxi or cab with the purpose of transporting people or passengers from one place to another as per their specifications. Taxi drivers are either hired by taxi agencies or buy their own taxi with a license. The job of a taxi driver doesnt only involved driving of the taxi but there are other job responsibilities as well. Given below is a list of the job responsibilities of a taxi driver.
Taxi Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for transporting passengers, luggage, other items from the origin place to the specified destination.
- Responsible for collecting fare from the passengers as per the norms or regulations of the fare chart or the fare meter.
- Responsible for helping out passengers with heavy load or luggage.
- Responsible for the safety of the taxi as well as that of the passengers in the taxi.
- Responsible for following all the traffic rules and regulations while driving the taxi.
- Responsible for keeping the taxi neat and clean at all times.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the taxi on a regular basis.
- Responsible for leaving the taxi at the taxi station or terminal after each day’s work (in case of a taxi owned by an agency).
- Responsible for keeping a log of the number of passengers in a day along with details such as the routes taken, fares charged from each passengers etc…
- Responsible for helping disabled people to get in and out of the taxi.
Category: Transportation Job Responsibilities