Technical Support Agent job Responsibilities
A technical support agent is an individual who works in a company to provide the needed technical support and help. A technical support agent may be employed in different kinds of work settings such as IT companies, business organizations, computer service providers etc. but their duties and tasks almost remain the same, i.e. to help repair computer systems, troubleshoot problems, maintain workstations, installation of new equipments etc.
Expert technical knowledge and good troubleshooting abilities are some of the requirements for a technical support agent. The following is a list of the main job responsibilities of a person working at this position.
Technical Support Agent Job Responsibilities
- A technical support agent is responsible for installation of new technical products like computer systems, routers, computer products, modems etc.
- It is the job responsibility of a technical support agent to maintain the existing systems, workstation, networks to ensure the smooth running and functioning.
- Another responsibility of a technical support agent is to repair any products that have broken and to troubleshoot technical problems which may arise in systems, networks or at workstations.
- A technical support agent is also responsible for improving the overall performance of the system by recommending changes and identifying problem areas.
- Another responsibility of a technical support agent is to maintain proper records and documentation of problems which have been dealt with and the solutions which used to rectify the problems.
- It is the responsibility of a technical support agent to keep himself updated with latest in the field so as to help the company in using the latest technology.
- Providing answers to the clients by researching and identifying problem areas is yet another responsibility of a person working as a technical support agent.
- He/she is also responsible for training of new technical support agents and helps them in improving their skills.
Category: Administration Job Responsibilities