Transportation Agent Job Responsibilities
A transportation agent is a person who can be appointed to work at a number of different transports related facilities such as an airport, a harbour, a railway station, a metro station or a bus terminal. Any transportation agent is required to perform many different tasks such as helping out passengers with the desired platform, terminal or other such locations, making reservations for passengers and booking tickets and hotels etc… The following is a list of the different job responsibilities of a transportation agent.
Transportation Agent Job Responsibilities:
- A transportation agent is responsible for selling transportation tickets and confirming the reservations for the customers or clients.
- A transportation agent is also responsible for checking baggage or other items being carried by the passengers.
- A transportation agent is responsible for directing passengers to the designated concourse, tier or track.
- A transportation agent may also be responsible for delivering tickets and contacting individuals or groups about information related to package tours etc…
- Any person at the job position of a transportation agent may also be required to answer inquiries or queries about details related to schedules, procedures or accommodations.
- A transportation agent is required to plan itineraries for customers as per their time specifications and other desired places or locations.
- A transportation agent is also responsible for preparing customer invoices and collect due payments from customers.
- Any transportation agent is responsible for helping out passengers with checking baggage and cargo and tracing lost luggage or cargo items.
Category: Transportation Job Responsibilities