Warehouse Clerk Job Responsibilities
A warehouse clerk is a person who is needed to take care of a variety of activities in the assigned warehouse. The warehouse clerk is deployed in a warehouse and is responsible for storage, maintenance and taking a count of all the goods that may be available in the warehouse. The warehouse clerk is also required to do paper work in the form of purchase orders.
Warehouse Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- The warehouse clerk is responsible for receiving the trucks and unloading of the goods from the truck.
- The warehouse clerk also needs to store the received merchandise in appropriate racks.
- The clerk also needs to make sure that the warehouse is stocked with the necessary tools in the warehouse.
- The warehouse clerk also needs to make sure that the machinery that is used in the warehouse is maintained well.
- The clerk also needs to ensure that the received goods are checked in and labeled.
- Ensure that the purchase and sales orders are matched for the sales team to process the distribution.
- The clerk is responsible in identifying the goods to be shipped and get it packaged.
- The clerk is responsible place requisition for tools or other stock items.
- The clerk is responsible to maintain all safety codes that are prescribed.
- The warehouse clerk is also responsible for the maintenance of the warehouse facility which includes dusting and sweeping.
- The warehouse clerk also needs to identify whether there is any loss or damage in the merchandise present in the warehouse.
- The clerk is responsible for compiling price lists and inventory balances.
- The warehouse clerk is also responsible for completing ant other tasks that may be assigned by the warehouse manager.
- The warehouse clerk needs to keep track of all activities that happen in the warehouse.
Category: Transportation Job Responsibilities