Audiologists Job Responsibilities
An audiologist is a professional individual who diagnoses and treats patients with hearing and balance problems. They make use of advanced technology, computers and equipments in providing essential hearing services to patients/ individuals in a variety of settings like research, manufacturing, private practice etc. Only the individuals who have master’s degree in audiology from accredited colleges can become audiologists. These healthcare professionals have a number of responsibilities while working at this position, few of which are as follows:
Audiologist Job Responsibilities
- It is the responsibility of an audiologist to conduct hearing or speech/ language tests, examinations or evaluations on his/ her respective patient.
- While conducting the examinations it is the responsibility of the audiologist to record all information on the type and the degree of the impairment of the patient using specialised instruments.
- It is the responsibility of the audiologist to collect the medical history of the respective patient including all previous surgeries, injuries and illnesses etc.
- It is the responsibility of the audiologist to provide the patient with guidance and counselling in techniques to improve the hearing or speech disability.
- The audiologist is responsible for examining the information collected about the impairment of the patient so as to make a proper diagnosis.
- After making the speech/ hearing disorder diagnosis of the patient, it is the responsibility of the audiologist to put in place a treatment and management plan for the patient.
- It is the responsibility of the audiologist to explain to the patient the functioning and management of the equipments such as hearing aids (if any) they are to use post the treatment.
- The audiologist is responsible for educating the patient on the post treatment management of the impairment.
- The audiologist is responsible for maintaining proper patient records at every stage from initial evaluation to the discharge of the patient.
Category: Health Care Job Responsibilities