Cable Technician Job Responsibilities
Cable Technicians are required to perform a number of functions relating to the maintenance, installation, and repair of the cables for the cable connection and high speed internet facilities. The technicians are usually required to hold a high school diploma and are generally trained by their boss or employer if they do not have an associate degree or professional certification.
Cable Technician Job responsibilities:
- The cable technician is responsible to install, maintain and update the cable network and internet services.
- Their main responsibility is to keep the cable system operating in an efficient and effective manner.
- Their main duty is to set out the cable connection at the subscriber’s place by installing the required cables and devices required for the efficient connection.
- They are responsible for the repair of any kind of problem that occurs in the cable network.
- It is the duty of the technician to explain and instruct the subscribers about the use and operation of the cable system or internet connection.
- If the customers are willing to discontinue their services it is the duty of the technician to make necessary arrangement for its removal.
- They are responsible for continuous maintenance of the main lines of the cable system as they are very important for the efficient working of the network connections.
- It is their duty to repair any technical fault in the trunk line, booster, cable poles and the feeder amplifier.
- It is their duty to solve any kind of problem and fault related to the cable connection or internet connection on the complaint of the subscriber.
- They perform and practice precautionary maintenance by electronically scanning the cable system at regular periods. By detecting minor problems at early stage, they can help prevent major disruptions in cable service later on.
- They are responsible for setting the telecommunication frames.
Category: Technician Job Responsibilities