Journeyman Electrician Job Responsibilities
A journeyman electrician is the person who has achieved all possible skills of an electrician and has got the license from the state that approves him to be an electrician. A journeyman electrician performs various important responsibilities in a factory or industry and he or she must have a good experience of working as an electrician under the supervision of a senior electrician.
A journeyman electrician must have a good physical strength to carry heavy parts of a machine and should also have a good aptitude for maths so as to easily carry out measurements and to work with numbers. Following are the responsibilities performed by a journeyman electrician.
Journeyman Electrician Job Responsibilities:
- A journeyman electrician does all the repairing work needed for machines. He or she must have a good knowledge of wires since they may be required to rewire a complete system.
- A journeyman electrician may give training to other electricians who have just joined the work with them.
- A journeyman electrician is required to run various tests, so as to point out the problem which requires to be corrected. These problems can be related to wiring in a machine or some damage which occurred in the machine.
- Journeyman electrician may be asked to look into the blueprints related to their work and should also be good in calculations as he/she may have to conduct measurements in order to construct something.
- A journeyman electrician should have a complete knowledge of electronic system since he/she is required to upgrade the system and to make possible changes in it.
- A journey man electrician does a lot of physical work and may be required to carry almost 50 pounds of weight.
- A journeyman electrician may also order supplies required for the construction purpose in an industry.
Category: Technician Job Responsibilities